AGM Batteries vs. Wet Battery Comparison
||Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM)
Maximizing Your Battery’s Life
AGM Battery Care
- Avoid allowing charge to completely empty.
- Unplug when finished charging.
- Even when not in use, batteries should be stored at full charge (or near full charge) to maximize life.
- For long-term battery storage, recharge every 6 to 12 months.
Wet Battery Care
- Regularly check contact plates – add distilled or de-ionized water to cover the plates if the water is low. Do not overfill.
- Avoid freezing temperatures. Do not charge a frozen battery.
- Avoid charging in high temperature areas.
- Charge in a well-ventilated area. (Wet cell batteries produce some hydrogen gas.)
- For long-term battery storage, recharge every 6 months.